Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
Mrs. DeFeo's 5th Grade Class
Pages and Files
Mrs. DeFeo's 5th Grade Class
Agenda and Homework
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS
Contact Mrs. DeFeo
7:30-7:50 & 2:10-2:40
(386) 676-5300 ext:
Pine Trail Website
Volusia County Website
Luminosity Brain Training
Mrs. DeFeo 's 5th Grade Class
5th GRADE YEARBOOK INFORMATION
Get your pictures in the yearbook
The Yearbook Staff invites students and parents to submit photos for the yearbook! Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific book everyone will want to have.
What kind of photos?
We are asking that
submit a baby picture -- it's a favorite part of the yearbook!
SPECIAL TALENT/ACTIVITY PHOTOS:
Another favorite yearbook section! Please send in pics of your student participating in their favorite extracurricular activity or special talent -- theater, dance, flag football, soccer, scouting, magic tricks, surfing -- anything they love to do!
If you have great photos of school and community events or your student and his/her friends just having fun, we'd like to put them in the yearbook.
There are three ways to submit photos:
• Go to:
• If it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 400263500 and password: pioneer
• Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
• Click "Save Details".
• Email your photos to
• Make sure to put your student's name and his/her teacher's name in the subject line
• Include information about the pictures in the body of the email
3. Hard copy:
• We understand that sending digital pictures may present a challenge; if you are unable to send pictures digitally you may submit photograph(s) to your student's teacher.
• Please write the students's full name and his/her teacher's name on the back of the picture(s) and place in an envelope marked "Yearbook: Mr. Waterman."
• Once we have scanned the picture(s) we will return the photograph(s) to your students' teacher. It's that easy! Submit your photos today!
Yearbook Adviser and the 2014 Yearbook Staff.
Contact Beth Oatway at
Jennifer Marinaccio at
Science Fair The link below shows graph ideas for projects.
Create a graph links below
Science Fair Brochures have been distributed to students. All topic choices were due Friday, December 13, 2013.
Students will receive approval for their topics on Monday, December 16, 2013. Students may follow the time line below or work at quicker pace in order to complete their projects.
Science Fair Due Dates
Please note that students may have to move at a faster pace if their design requires long term observations.
This is a suggested time line for students. You may complete each item at a quicker pace if you so desire.
Friday, December 13, 2013- Turn in 3 topic choices for approval.
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 – Turn in for approval
Scientific Process Planning Outline
to include: question, purpose, research, and hypothesis.
(We will work on each category prior to the due date every Wednesday.)
Monday, January 27, 2014-Turn in for approval,
Scientific Planning Process Outline
to include: Design experiment, Materials, Procedure
Wednesday February 12, 2014- Do your experiment and turn in the RECORD OF DATA and results narrative for approval.
Wednesday February 19, 2014 turn in your completed project and science board.
SCIENCE FAIR AND JUDGING ARE Tuesday, February 25, 2014 and Wednesday, February 26, 2014.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"